Re: Improving the latch handling between logical replication launcher and worker processes. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Improving the latch handling between logical replication launcher and worker processes.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 04/09/2024 14:24, vignesh C wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Sept 2024 at 08:32, Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think this approach could solve the issue without adding
>> complexity. What do you think?
>
> I agree that this approach is more simple than the other approach. How
> about something like the attached patch to handle the same.

I haven't looked at these new patches from the last few days, but please
also note the work at
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/476672e7-62f1-4cab-a822-f3a8e949dd3f%40iki.fi.
If those "interrupts" patches are committed, this is pretty
straightforward to fix by using a separate interrupt bit for this, as
the patch on that thread does.

--
Heikki Linnakangas
Neon (https://neon.tech)