Re: [DOCS] PDF building with FOP - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Alexander Law
Subject Re: [DOCS] PDF building with FOP
Date
List pgsql-docs
Hello Alvaro,

11.03.2017 06:19, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> - Does the output look OK?
> It looks generally sane in a very quick skim, modulo the problems we've
> always had with PDFs, such as tables 9-44 and 9-45 being completely
> unusable.
We at postgrespro added custom XSL (see pg-customize-fo.xsl in
patches/xml in pg-doc.check.tar.bz2 attached to
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/449e34c4-9cc8-d17d-5ebe-be92b4c0a87a%40gmail.com)
to get long text wrapped in the table cells.
Look at http://repo.postgrespro.ru/doc/pgpro/9.6/en/postgres-A4-fop.pdf
(pages 224-228)
There are a few places where long strings still should be broken
manually (with &zwsp;) but the majority of the long string issues fixed
automatically with this xsl.

Best regards,
Alexander