Re: Connection Drop from PostgreSQL Database Server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Connection Drop from PostgreSQL Database Server
Date
List pgsql-general
On 3/5/19 7:13 PM, Mohit Kumar Sahni wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
>
> I have checked my log files. Here are some of the lines that I think were logged at the time of connection drop:
> 2019-03-03 15:57:33.444 UTC [7146] azpostgres@master_configuration_db LOG:  could not receive data from client:
Connectiontimed out

> 2019-03-03 15:57:33.444 UTC [13161] azpostgres@master_configuration_db LOG:  could not receive data from client:
Connectiontimed out

> 2019-03-03 15:57:33.444 UTC [7571] azpostgres@master_configuration_db LOG:  could not receive data from client:
Connectiontimed out

> 2019-03-03 15:57:33.446 UTC [14459] azpostgres@master_configuration_db LOG:  could not receive data from client:
Connectiontimed out

> 2019-03-03 15:57:33.448 UTC [18010] azpostgres@postgres LOG:  could not receive data from client: Connection timed
out

Where is the client running relative to the server?

Does Azure Cloud have a timeout set for connections?

> And for the parameters, I have tried following values:
> 1. tcp_keepalive_idle: 10000 & 2700
> 2. tcp_keepalive_interval: 10000 & 2600
> 3. tcp_keepalive_count: 0 & 1
> 4. session_timeout: 20000
>
> All the values couldn't solve the problem.
>
> Thanks
> Mohit Kumar Sahni

minutesthen the connection to the db does not respond such that it doesn't fulfil the request and keep processing the
query.
>> Same goes with my JAVA Springboot Application. The connection doesn't respond and the query keep processing.
>
> Is there anything in the Postgres log that is relevant?
>
> The same for the OS system log?
>

>> This happens randomly such that the timing is not traceable sometimes it happens in 2 minutes, sometimes in 10
minutes& sometimes don't.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com