Re: [HACKERS] make async slave to wait for lsn to be replayed - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [HACKERS] make async slave to wait for lsn to be replayed
Date
Re: [HACKERS] make async slave to wait for lsn to be replayed
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 06, 2024 at 05:17:10AM +0300, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> The 0001 patch is intended to improve this situation.  Actually, it's
> not right to just put RecoveryInProgress() after
> GetXLogReplayRecPtr(), because more wal could be replayed between
> these calls.  Instead we need to recheck GetXLogReplayRecPtr() after
> getting negative result of RecoveryInProgress() because WAL replay
> position couldn't get updated after.
> 0002 patch comprises fix for the header comment of WaitLSNSetLatches() function
> 0003 patch comprises tests for pg_wal_replay_wait() errors.

Before adding more tests, could it be possible to stabilize what's in
the tree?  drongo has reported one failure with the recovery test
043_wal_replay_wait.pl introduced recently by 3c5db1d6b016:
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=drongo&dt=2024-08-05%2004%3A24%3A54
--
Michael

Attachment