Re: Proposal for Updating CRC32C with AVX-512 Algorithm. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Proposal for Updating CRC32C with AVX-512 Algorithm.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 18, 2024 at 05:14:08PM +0000, Amonson, Paul D wrote:
> > And this bit doesn't look good.  The LICENSE file says:
> > > //    * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above
> > > // copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following
> > > disclaimer // in the documentation and/or other materials provided
> > > with the // distribution.
> > The second clause essentially says we would have to add a page to our
> > "documentation and/or other materials" with the contents of the license file.
>
> According to one of Intel’s lawyers, 55 instances of this clause was found when they searched in the PostgreSQL
repository.Therefore, I assume that this obligation has either been satisfied or determined not to apply, given that
thesecond BSD clause already appears in the PostgreSQL source tree. I might have misunderstood the concern, but the
lawyerbelieves this is a non-issue. Could you please provide more clarifying details about the concern?

Yes, I can confirm that:

    grep -Rl 'Redistributions in binary form must reproduce' . | wc -l

reports 54;  file list attached.

Attachment