Re: cache lookup failed dropping public schema with trgm index - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: cache lookup failed dropping public schema with trgm index
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Aug 21, 2023 at 07:27:19PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Hmm.  I see that 911e7020 modified pg_trgm's install script with
>
> +ALTER OPERATOR FAMILY gist_trgm_ops USING gist
> +ADD FUNCTION 10 (text) gtrgm_options (internal);
>
> I wonder whether that correctly adds a dependency to ensure the
> opfamily is dropped before the function.

The dependencies look OK seen from here when it comes to the
extension, the indexes or the option function.  See, for instance:
=# SELECT pg_describe_object(classid, objid, objsubid) as obj,
     pg_describe_object(refclassid,refobjid,refobjsubid) as objref,
     deptype FROM pg_depend
   WHERE (classid = 'pg_proc'::regclass AND objid = 'gtrgm_options'::regproc)
      OR (refclassid = 'pg_proc'::regclass AND refobjid = 'gtrgm_options'::regproc);
-[ RECORD 1]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
obj     | function gtrgm_options(internal)
objref  | schema public
deptype | n
-[ RECORD 2
]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
obj     | function gtrgm_options(internal)
objref  | extension pg_trgm
deptype | e
obj     | function 10 (text, text) of operator family gist_trgm_ops for access method gist: gtrgm_options(internal)
objref  | function gtrgm_options(internal)
deptype | a
--
Michael

Attachment