Re: cache lookup failed dropping public schema with trgm index - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: cache lookup failed dropping public schema with trgm index
Date
Re: cache lookup failed dropping public schema with trgm index  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-bugs
> On Mon, Aug 21, 2023 at 03:36:10PM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
>> It also seems to work without even involving a drop schema. Just dropping
>> pg_trgm with cascade is sufficient.

> FWIW, after a bisect I can see that 911e7020 is the origin of the
> failure (`git bisect start b5d69b7 9e1c9f9` based on two merge-bases).

Hmm.  I see that 911e7020 modified pg_trgm's install script with

+ALTER OPERATOR FAMILY gist_trgm_ops USING gist
+ADD FUNCTION 10 (text) gtrgm_options (internal);

I wonder whether that correctly adds a dependency to ensure the
opfamily is dropped before the function.

            regards, tom lane