Re: BUG #18057: unaccent removes intentional spaces - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #18057: unaccent removes intentional spaces
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Sat, Aug 19, 2023 at 12:30:04PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Yeah, we could extend the parsing rules that way.  It would break
> any rules files that currently use double quote as a plain character,
> but it seems unlikely that there are any.  In any case, as long as
> this wasn't back-patched I think such a change would be acceptable.

Okay, thanks.  Note that we do use double-quotes as a translated
character in a few cases, but as long as these are only handled as a
single character we could be OK.  Or actually, wouldn't it be better
to always force escaping even for double quotes listed as single
characters?  Based on what unaccent.rules has, that's not necessary,
but it could simplify the python code generating the file or the C
parsing.  For example, the existing '”' would become listed as "\"" in
our unaccent.rules.
--
Michael

Attachment