Re: longfin missing gssapi_ext.h - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: longfin missing gssapi_ext.h
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> > I'm open to considering support for older versions, however ...
>
> NetBSD 9.3, which is their *latest production release*, doesn't have
> gssapi_ext.h [1].  For that matter, it doesn't look like their
> not-yet-released 10.0BETA does either (my NetBSD 10 animals would
> be failing if they had --with-gssapi).  I do not think it's going
> to be acceptable to require this feature.

I'm certainly curious to understand what Kerberos library they're using
and how they're maintaining it.  At least some of the documentation I've
found seems to indicate that it might be Heimdal, which does have
gss_store_cred_into in gssapi.h.

> I'm now going to reiterate my opinion that this patch should not
> have been pushed in at this point of the dev cycle.  A month ago,
> there was time to deal with these sorts of issues.

I suspected there would be an issue with OSX but hadn't expected an
issue with NetBSD.  I had tested this across a few Linux platforms and
cfbot showed it wasn't causing issues on Windows or the platforms that
are run there.  Would be really great to have a way to test these things
out on these other platforms other than just committing them and seeing
what happens on the buildfarm.

In any case, I've reverted it and we can pick this up for the next
cycle.  I'll play around with Heimdal locally as it appears to be
available on Ubuntu (I had actually thought Heimdal to be mostly gone at
this point since it only ever existed really due to silly export
restrictions...) and see if there's actually anything other than making
gssapi_ext.h itself be optional to be pulled in that's needed to make it
work.

Thanks,

Stephen

Attachment