Re: Remove last traces of SCM credential auth from libpq? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Remove last traces of SCM credential auth from libpq?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 16, 2023 at 10:49:45AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> In addition to the changes here, it looks like you could drop the
> configure/meson probes that set HAVE_STRUCT_CMSGCRED.

Right, done.

> Also, in pg_fe_sendauth, couldn't you just let the default: case
> handle it instead of adding a bespoke error message?  We're not
> really expecting that anyone is ever going to hit this, so I'm
> not convinced it's worth the translation burden.

Yes, I was wondering if that's worth keeping or not, so I chose
consistency with AUTH_REQ_KRB4 and AUTH_REQ_KRB5.

Would it be better to hold on this patch for 17~?  I have just noticed
that while looking at Jacob's patch for require_auth, so the timing is
not good.  Honestly, I don't see a reason to wait a few extra month to
remove that, particularly now that pg_dump and pg_upgrade go down to
9.2..
--
Michael

Attachment