Re: Add pg_walinspect function with block info columns - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Add pg_walinspect function with block info columns
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 07, 2023 at 11:17:45AM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> Thus I'm inclined to agree with Michael's suggestion of creating a new
> normalized set-returning function that returns information of
> "blocks".

Just to be clear here, I am not suggesting to add a new function for
only the block information, just a rename of the existing
pg_get_wal_fpi_info() to something like pg_get_wal_block_info() that
includes both the FPI (if any or NULL if none) and the block data (if
any or NULL is none) so as all of them are governed by the same lookup
at pg_wal/.  The fpi information (aka compression type) is displayed
if there is a FPI in the block.
--
Michael

Attachment