Re: add PROCESS_MAIN to VACUUM - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: add PROCESS_MAIN to VACUUM
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 06, 2023 at 06:12:36PM -0500, Melanie Plageman wrote:
> LGTM.

-    * Do the actual work --- either FULL or "lazy" vacuum
+    * If PROCESS_MAIN is set (the default), it's time to vacuum the main
+    * relation.  Otherwise, we can skip this part.  If required, we'll process
+    * the TOAST table later.

Should we mention that this part could be used for a toast table once
we've already looped once through vacuum_rel() when toast_relid was
set?  VACOPT_PROCESS_MAIN is enforced a few lines down the road,
still..
--
Michael

Attachment