Re: [PoC] Let libpq reject unexpected authentication requests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [PoC] Let libpq reject unexpected authentication requests
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 28, 2023 at 03:38:21PM -0800, Jacob Champion wrote:
> 0001 and 0002 are the core features. 0003 is a more future-looking
> refactoring of the internals, to make it easier to handle more SASL
> mechanisms, but it's not required and contains some unexercised code.

I was refreshing my mind with 0001 yesterday, and except for the two
parts where we need to worry about AUTH_REQ_OK being sent too early
and the business with gssenc, this is a rather straight-forward.  It
also looks like the the participants of the thread are OK with the
design you are proposing (list of keywords, potentially negative
patterns).  I think that I can get this part merged for this CF, at
least, not sure about the rest :p
--
Michael

Attachment