Re: Move backup-related code to xlogbackup.c/.h - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Move backup-related code to xlogbackup.c/.h
Date
Re: Move backup-related code to xlogbackup.c/.h  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 04, 2022 at 03:54:20PM -0700, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> I would suggest moving this to a separate prerequisite patch that can be
> reviewed independently from the patches that simply move code to a
> different file.

And FWIW, the SQL interfaces for pg_backup_start() and
pg_backup_stop() could stay in xlogfuncs.c.  This has the advantage to
centralize in the same file all the SQL-function-specific checks.
--
Michael

Attachment