Re: START_REPLICATION SLOT causing a crash in an assert build - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: START_REPLICATION SLOT causing a crash in an assert build
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 15, 2022 at 05:30:11PM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> At Thu, 15 Sep 2022 01:26:15 -0500, Jaime Casanova <jcasanov@systemguards.com.ec> wrote in

> > > This patch solves the problem, i didn't like the other solution because
> > > as you say it partly nullify the protection of the assertion.
> > >

> > I talked too fast, while it solves the immediate problem the patch as is
> > causes other crashes.
>
> Where did the crash happen?  Is it a bug introduced by it? Or does it
> root to other cause?

Just compile and run the installcheck tests.

It fails at ./src/backend/utils/activity/pgstat_shmem.c:530 inside
pgstat_release_entry_ref() because it expects a "deadbeef", it seems to
be a magic variable but cannot find what its use is.

Attached a backtrace.

--
Jaime Casanova
Director de Servicios Profesionales