Re: START_REPLICATION SLOT causing a crash in an assert build - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: START_REPLICATION SLOT causing a crash in an assert build
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At Thu, 15 Sep 2022 01:26:15 -0500, Jaime Casanova <jcasanov@systemguards.com.ec> wrote in
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 10:07:50PM -0500, Jaime Casanova wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 06:48:45PM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> > >
> > > Another measure would be to add the region to wipe-out on reset to
> > > PgStat_KindInfo, but it seems too much.. (attached)
> > >

> > This patch solves the problem, i didn't like the other solution because
> > as you say it partly nullify the protection of the assertion.
> >

> I talked too fast, while it solves the immediate problem the patch as is
> causes other crashes.

Where did the crash happen?  Is it a bug introduced by it? Or does it
root to other cause?

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi