Re: Switching XLog source from archive to streaming when primary available - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: Switching XLog source from archive to streaming when primary available
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At Thu, 15 Sep 2022 10:28:12 +0530, Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com> wrote in
> I'm attaching the v6 patch that's rebased on to the latest HEAD.
> Please consider this for review.

Thaks for the new version!

+#define StreamingReplRetryEnabled() \
+    (streaming_replication_retry_interval > 0 && \
+     StandbyMode && \
+     currentSource == XLOG_FROM_ARCHIVE)

It seems to me a bit too complex..

+            /* Save the timestamp at which we're switching to archive. */
+            if (StreamingReplRetryEnabled())
+                switched_to_archive_at = GetCurrentTimestamp();

Anyway we are going to open a file just after this so
GetCurrentTimestamp() cannot cause a perceptible degradation.
Coulnd't we do that unconditionally, to get rid of the macro?

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center