Re: pg_basebackup: add test about zstd compress option - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_basebackup: add test about zstd compress option
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 10:58:22AM +0900, Dong Wook Lee wrote:
> I checked the test code not to test the zstd option, then added it.
> I hope my patch will help us to ensure safety of the test.

It seems to me that checking that the contents generated are valid is
equally necessary.  We do that with zlib with gzip --test, and you
could use ${ZSTD} in the context of this test.

What about lz4?
--
Michael

Attachment