Re: pg_basebackup: add test about zstd compress option - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dong Wook Lee
Subject Re: pg_basebackup: add test about zstd compress option
Date
Re: pg_basebackup: add test about zstd compress option
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 11:37 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> It seems to me that checking that the contents generated are valid is
> equally necessary.  We do that with zlib with gzip --test, and you
> could use ${ZSTD} in the context of this test.

Thank you for the good points.
I supplemented the test according to your suggestion.
However, there was a problem.
Even though I did export ZSTD on the Makefile , the test runner can't
find ZSTD when it actually tests.
```
my $zstd = $ENV{ZSTD};
skip "program zstd is not found in your system", 1
  if (!defined $zstd
    || $zstd eq '');
```
log: regress_log_010_pg_basebackup
```
ok 183 # skip program zstd is not found in your system.
```
Could you check if I missed anything?

Attachment