Re: pgsql: Force run of pg_upgrade in the build directory in its TAP test - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pgsql: Force run of pg_upgrade in the build directory in its TAP test
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Tue, Jun 14, 2022 at 08:11:59PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Sorry, I wasn't very clear: I'd tested pg_upgrade with a manual
> invocation, like "./pg_upgrade -d ...".  That used to be OK and
> now it leaves junk around.  I think it's worth keeping the
> .gitignore entries (and I guess the "make clean" rule step too)
> so that that approach still works without making a mess.

No big deal to me to add that both the .gitignore entry and the
cleanup rule if that's annoying for some.  FWIW, I just have some
scripts lying around to launch my upgrade commands in isolated paths,
pretty much like the TAP tests.
--
Michael

Attachment