Re: pgsql: Force run of pg_upgrade in the build directory in its TAP test - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Force run of pg_upgrade in the build directory in its TAP test
Date
List pgsql-committers
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2022 at 01:23:04PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I suppose it would be too user-unfriendly to generate those scripts
>> underneath $PGDATA, so don't we need to put back the .gitignore
>> entries?

> delete_old_cluster.sh is generated within tmp_check/ in a non-VPATH
> build:

Sorry, I wasn't very clear: I'd tested pg_upgrade with a manual
invocation, like "./pg_upgrade -d ...".  That used to be OK and
now it leaves junk around.  I think it's worth keeping the
.gitignore entries (and I guess the "make clean" rule step too)
so that that approach still works without making a mess.

            regards, tom lane