Re: pg_tablespace_location() failure with allow_in_place_tablespaces - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_tablespace_location() failure with allow_in_place_tablespaces
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 05:15:58PM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> I'm not sure that the "of the symbolic link in pg_tblspc/" is
> needed. And allow_in_place_tablespaces alone doesn't create in-place
> tablespace. So this might need rethink at least for the second point.

Surely this can be improved.  I was not satisfied with this paragraph
after re-reading it this morning, so I have just removed it, rewording
slightly the part for in-place tablespaces that is still necessary.

> Agreed. And v2 looks cleaner.
>
> The test detects the lack of the feature.
> It successfully builds and runs on Rocky8 and Windows11.

Thanks for the review.  After a second look, it seemed fine so I have
applied it.  (I'll try to jump on the tablespace patch for recovery
soon-ish-ly if nobody beats me to it.)
--
Michael

Attachment