Re: pg_ls_tmpdir to show directories and shared filesets (and pg_ls_*) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_ls_tmpdir to show directories and shared filesets (and pg_ls_*)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 03:17:35PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> FWIW, per my review the bit of the patch set that I found the most
> relevant is the addition of a note in the docs of pg_stat_file() about
> the case where "filename" is a link, because the code internally uses
> stat().   The function name makes that obvious, but that's not
> commonly known, I guess.  Please see the attached, that I would be
> fine to apply.

Hmm.  I am having second thoughts on this one, as on Windows we rely
on GetFileInformationByHandle() for the emulation of stat() in
win32stat.c, and it looks like this returns some information about the
junction point and not the directory or file this is pointing to, it
seems.  At the end, it looks better to keep things simple here, so
let's drop it.
--
Michael

Attachment