Re: Add pg_freespacemap extension sql test - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Add pg_freespacemap extension sql test
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 09, 2022 at 08:13:15PM +0900, Dong Wook Lee wrote:
> I agree with you, but I have no good idea how to deal with it.

Well, my guess is that you basically just care about being able to
detect if there is free space in the map or not, which goes down to
detecting if pg_freespace() returns 0 or a number strictly higher than
0, so wouldn't it be enough to stick some > 0 in your test queries?
Btw, if you want to test 32-bit builds, gcc allows that by passing
down -m32.

> Can the Perl TAP test be a good way?

That does not seem necessary here.
--