Re: Add pg_freespacemap extension sql test - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dong Wook Lee
Subject Re: Add pg_freespacemap extension sql test
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2022년 3월 11일 (금) 오후 2:51, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>님이 작성:

> On Wed, Mar 09, 2022 at 08:13:15PM +0900, Dong Wook Lee wrote:
> > I agree with you, but I have no good idea how to deal with it.
>
> Well, my guess is that you basically just care about being able to
> detect if there is free space in the map or not, which goes down to
> detecting if pg_freespace() returns 0 or a number strictly higher than
> 0, so wouldn't it be enough to stick some > 0 in your test queries?
> Btw, if you want to test 32-bit builds, gcc allows that by passing
> down -m32.
>
> > Can the Perl TAP test be a good way?
>
> That does not seem necessary here.
> --
> Michael

so, you mean it's not necessary to add cases for negative numbers or
beyond the range?
I just wrote down testable cases, and if it doesn't have a big
advantage, I don't mind not adding that case.