Re: pg_tablespace_location() failure with allow_in_place_tablespaces - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_tablespace_location() failure with allow_in_place_tablespaces
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 04, 2022 at 06:04:00PM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> And I made a quick hack on do_pg_start_backup.  And I found that
> pg_basebackup copies in-place tablespaces under the *current
> directory*, which is not ok at all:(

Yeah, I have noticed that as well while testing such configurations a
couple of hours ago, but I am not sure yet how much we need to care
about that as in-place tablespaces are included in the main data
directory anyway, which would be fine for most test purposes we
usually care about.  Perhaps this has an impact on the patch posted on
the thread that wants to improve the guarantees around tablespace
directory structures, but I have not studied this thread much to have
an opinion.  And it is Friday.
--
Michael

Attachment