Re: adding 'zstd' as a compression algorithm - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: adding 'zstd' as a compression algorithm
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 15, 2022 at 02:33:32PM -0600, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> What I mean is that any patches which *use* the zstd support should update
> those for completeness.
>
>  doc/src/sgml/config.sgml                      | 14 +++++++++-----
>  doc/src/sgml/install-windows.sgml             |  2 +-
>  doc/src/sgml/installation.sgml                |  5 +++--

Yes, the patch misses the fact that each ./configure switch is
documented.  For consistency, I think that you should also add that in
the MSVC scripts in the first version.  It is really straight-forward
to do so, and it should be just a matter of grepping for the code
paths of lz4, then adjust things for zstd.
--
Michael

Attachment