Re: adding 'zstd' as a compression algorithm - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: adding 'zstd' as a compression algorithm
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 15, 2022 at 03:23:30PM -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2022 at 1:55 PM Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:
> > Regarding the patch:
> >
> > I suppose it should support windows, and whatever patches use zstd should
> > update the install instructions.  See 9ca40dcd4, 02a93e7ef, 4035cd5d4.
>
> Thanks, this is helpful. To me, it looks like we need something
> similar to 9ca40dcd4, plus something like the last hunk of 02a93e7ef.

If you mean a patch which only adds the configure options, I don't think 02a9
is applicable at all.

What I mean is that any patches which *use* the zstd support should update
those for completeness.

 doc/src/sgml/config.sgml                      | 14 +++++++++-----
 doc/src/sgml/install-windows.sgml             |  2 +-
 doc/src/sgml/installation.sgml                |  5 +++--