Re: pgsql: Allow GRANT on pg_log_backend_memory_contexts(). - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pgsql: Allow GRANT on pg_log_backend_memory_contexts().
Date
Re: pgsql: Allow GRANT on pg_log_backend_memory_contexts().  (Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com>)
List pgsql-committers
On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 08:41:11PM +0000, Jeff Davis wrote:
> Allow GRANT on pg_log_backend_memory_contexts().
>
> Remove superuser check, allowing any user granted permissions on
> pg_log_backend_memory_contexts() to log the memory contexts of any
> backend.
>
> Note that this could allow a privileged non-superuser to log the
> memory contexts of a superuser backend, but as discussed, that does
> not seem to be a problem.

         but will not be sent to the client regardless of
         <xref linkend="guc-client-min-messages"/>.
-        Only superusers can request to log the memory contexts.
        </para></entry>
I don't think that the documentation part of this commit is correct.
This sentence should have been changed to something like the
following:
"This function is restricted to superusers by default, but other users
can be granted EXECUTE to run the function."

Thanks,
--
Michael

Attachment