Re: [Bug] Logical Replication failing if the DateStyle is different in Publisher & Subscriber - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [Bug] Logical Replication failing if the DateStyle is different in Publisher & Subscriber
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Oct 17, 2021 at 11:41:35PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Ah ... see postgres_fdw's set_transmission_modes().  I think we want
> to copy that logic not invent some other way to do it.

dblink.c has something similar as of applyRemoteGucs(), except that it
does not do extra_float_digits.  It would be nice to avoid more
duplication for those things, at least on HEAD.  On the top of my
head, don't we have something similar for parallel workers when
passing down GUCs from the leader?
--
Michael

Attachment