Re: Added schema level support for publication. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Nancarrow
Subject Re: Added schema level support for publication.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Oct 16, 2021 at 4:57 PM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
<houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Besides, I found we misunderstood the flag PUBLICATION_PART_ROOT it means:
> "ROOT: only the table explicitly mentioned in the publication" We cannot use it
> as a flag to judge whether do the partition filtering, I think we need to pass
> the actual pubviaroot flag.

I agree, PUBLICATION_PART_ROOT can't be used to determine whether to
do partition filtering, the "pubviaroot" flag is needed.

> Based on the V40 patchset, attaching the Top-up patch which try to fix the
> partition issue in a cleaner way.

A minor thing, in your "top-up patch", the test code added to
publication.sql, you need to remove the last "DROP TABLE
sch2.tbl1_part1;". It causes an error because the table doesn't exist
and it seems to have been erroneously copied from the previous test
case.

Regards,
Greg Nancarrow
Fujitsu Australia