Re: 2021-09 Commitfest - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: 2021-09 Commitfest
Date
Re: 2021-09 Commitfest  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 01, 2021 at 08:29:08PM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> Correct, if one looks at the activity log for an old entry the pattern of
> moving to needs review, then to the next CF, then WoA is clearly visible.

That's the tricky part.  It does not really make sense either to keep
moving patches that are waiting on author for months.  The scan of the
CF app I have done was about those idle patches waiting on author for
months.  It takes time as authors and/or reviewers tend to sometimes
not update the status of a patch so the state in the app does not
reflect the reality, but this vacuuming limits the noise in for the
next CFs.

>> That sounds tedious!
>
> Correct.

It consumes power.