Re: Mark all GUC variable as PGDLLIMPORT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Mark all GUC variable as PGDLLIMPORT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Aug 22, 2021 at 04:10:33PM +0800, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> This topic has been raised multiple time over the years, and I don't see any
> objection to add such an annotation at least for all GUC variables (either the
> direct variables or the indirect variables set during the hook execution), so
> PFA a patch that takes care of all the GUC.
>
> I don't now if that's still an option at that point, but backporting to at
> least pg14 if that patch is accepted would be quite helpful.

These are usually just applied on HEAD, and on a parameter-basis based
on requests from extension authors.  If you wish to make your
extensions able to work on Windows, that's a good idea, but I would
recommend to limit this exercise to what's really necessary for your
purpose.
--
Michael

Attachment