Mark all GUC variable as PGDLLIMPORT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Julien Rouhaud
Subject Mark all GUC variable as PGDLLIMPORT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I've been pinged many time over the years to either fix Windows compatibility
or provide DLL for multiple extensions I'm maintaining.  I've finally taken
some time to setup a Windows build environment so I could take care of most of
the problem, but not all (at least not in a satisfactory way).

I've also been looking a bit around other extensions and I see that the #1
problem with compiling extensions on Windows is the lack of PGDLLIMPORT
annotations, which is 99% of the time for a GUC.

This topic has been raised multiple time over the years, and I don't see any
objection to add such an annotation at least for all GUC variables (either the
direct variables or the indirect variables set during the hook execution), so
PFA a patch that takes care of all the GUC.

I don't now if that's still an option at that point, but backporting to at
least pg14 if that patch is accepted would be quite helpful.

Attachment