Re: Fix uninitialized variable access (src/backend/utils/mmgr/freepage.c) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Fix uninitialized variable access (src/backend/utils/mmgr/freepage.c)
Date
Re: Fix uninitialized variable access (src/backend/utils/mmgr/freepage.c)  (Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 02, 2021 at 06:22:56PM -0300, Ranier Vilela wrote:
> Em qui., 1 de jul. de 2021 às 17:20, Mahendra Singh Thalor <
> mahi6run@gmail.com> escreveu:
>> Please can we try to hit this rare condition by any test case. If you have
>> any test cases, please share.

Yeah, this needs to be proved.  Are you sure that this change is
actually right?  The bottom of FreePageManagerPutInternal() has
assumptions that a page may not be found during a btree search, with
an index value used.
--
Michael

Attachment