Re: OpenSSL 3.0.0 compatibility - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: OpenSSL 3.0.0 compatibility
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 01:23:42AM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> Another aspect of OpenSSL 3 compatibility is that of legacy cipher support, and
> as we concluded upthread it's best to leave that to the user to define in
> openssl.cnf.  The attached 0002 adds alternative output files for 3.0.0
> installations without the legacy provider loaded, as well as adds a note in the
> pgcrypto docs to enable it in case DES is needed.  It does annoy me a bit that
> we don't load the openssl.cnf file for 1.0.1 if we start mentioning it in the
> docs for other versions, but it's probably not worth the effort to fix it given
> the lack of complaints so far (it needs a call to OPENSSL_config(NULL); guarded
> to HAVE_ macros for 1.0.1).

Sounds sensible as a whole.  Another thing I can notice is that
OpenSSL 3.0.0beta1 has taken care of the issue causing diffs in the
tests of src/test/ssl/.  So once pgcrypto is addressed, it looks like
there is nothing left for this thread.
--
Michael

Attachment