RE: ECPG bug fix: DECALRE STATEMENT and DEALLOCATE, DESCRIBE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From wangsh.fnst@fujitsu.com
Subject RE: ECPG bug fix: DECALRE STATEMENT and DEALLOCATE, DESCRIBE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi kuroda-san:

I find another problem about declare statement. The test source looks like:
> EXEC SQL AT con1 DECLARE stmt STATEMENT;
> EXEC SQL PREPARE stmt AS SELECT version();
> EXEC SQL DECLARE cur CURSOR FOR stmt;
> EXEC SQL WHENEVER SQLERROR STOP;

The outout about ecpg:
>test.pgc:14: ERROR: AT option not allowed in WHENEVER statement

After a simple research, I found that after calling function check_declared_list,
the variable connection will be updated, but in some case(e.g. ECPGCursorStmt)
reset connection is missing.

I'm not sure, but how about modify the ecpg.trailer:
> tatement: ecpgstart at toplevel_stmt ';' { connection = NULL; }
> | ecpgstart toplevel_stmt ';'

I think there are lots of 'connection = NULL;' in source, and we should find a
good location to reset the connection.

Best regards.
Shenhao Wang