Failure with 004_logrotate in prairiedog - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Failure with 004_logrotate in prairiedog
Date
Re: Failure with 004_logrotate in prairiedog  (Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

prairiedog has failed in a way that seems a bit obscure to me:
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=prairiedog&dt=2021-07-18%2000%3A23%3A29

Here are the details of the failure:
server signaled to rotate log file
could not read

"/Users/buildfarm/bf-data/HEAD/pgsql.build/src/bin/pg_ctl/tmp_check/t_004_logrotate_primary_data/pgdata/current_logfiles":
No such file or directory at t/004_logrotate.pl line 78
### Stopping node "primary" using mode immediate

update_metainfo_datafile() creates a temporary file renamed to
current_logfiles with rename().  It should be atomic, though this
error points out that this is not the case?  The previous steps of
this test ensure that current_logfiles should exist.

We could use some eval blocks in this area, but a non-atomic rename()
would cause problems in more areas.  Thoughts?
--
Michael

Attachment