Re: Failure with 004_logrotate in prairiedog - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Failure with 004_logrotate in prairiedog
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> prairiedog has failed in a way that seems a bit obscure to me:
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=prairiedog&dt=2021-07-18%2000%3A23%3A29
> We could use some eval blocks in this area, but a non-atomic rename()
> would cause problems in more areas.  Thoughts?

Awhile back we discovered that old macOS versions have non-atomic rename
[1].  I eventually shut down dromedary because that was causing failures
often enough to be annoying.  I'd not seen such a failure before on
prairiedog, but it sure seems plausible that this is one.

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/2636.1569016167@sss.pgh.pa.us