Re: Introduce pg_receivewal gzip compression tests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Introduce pg_receivewal gzip compression tests
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 09:42:32AM +0000, gkokolatos@pm.me wrote:
> This to my understanding means that gzip is expected to exist.
> If this is correct, then simply checking for the headers should
> suffice, since that is the only dependency for the files to be
> created.

You cannot expect this to work on Windows when it comes to MSVC for
example, as gzip may not be in the environment PATH so the test would
fail hard.  Let's just rely on $ENV{GZIP} instead, and skip the test
if it is not defined.
--
Michael

Attachment