Re: Invalid byte sequence when importing Oracle BLOB - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matthias Apitz
Subject Re: Invalid byte sequence when importing Oracle BLOB
Date
List pgsql-general
El día lunes, abril 26, 2021 a las 06:49:18a. m. -0500, Ron escribió:

> Hi,
>
> The source is an Oracle 12 db with this encoding:
> NLS_LANG = AMERICAN_AMERICA.AL32UTF8
> NLS_NCHAR = AL32UTF8
>
> The destination is an (RDS) Postgresql 12.5 with encoding UTF8, and is being
> loaded through COPY commands generated by ora2pg.
>
> The source table has a BLOB column (I think they are scanned images) which
> I'm loading into a Postgresql bytea column.
>
> Seven times out of about 60M rows, I get this error:
> Psql:909242: ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xed 0xaf 0xbf

This error can't be caused by a BLOB or bytea column. Only char or vchar
columns can cause (and did cause) such errors in our Oracle/Sybase to
PostgreSQL migrations.

    matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045