Re: impact of version upgrade on fts - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Malik Rumi
Subject Re: impact of version upgrade on fts
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks, I'll check it out.
“None of you has faith until he loves for his brother or his neighbor what he loves for himself.”

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 2:32 PM Robert Treat <rob@xzilla.net> wrote:
On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 11:27 AM Adrian Klaver
<adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:

> On 4/25/21 5:28 AM, Malik Rumi wrote:
> > Greetings.
> >
> > I am about to do a long overdue upgrade to the latest version, which I
> > believe is 13.2. However, I have full text search in my current install
> > (9.4) and I am wondering if there are any special provisions I need to
> > take to make sure that is not lost in the transition?  If this would be
> > true for any other packages, please advise and or point me to the place
> > in the docs where I can read up on this. I looked and did not see
> > anything, which just proves I didn't know what to look for. Thanks.
>
> FTS used to be a separate extension(tsearch2) before version Postgres
> version 8.3. Since then it has been integrated into the core code, so it
> would not be lost. That being said it would be advisable to read the
> release notes for 9.5 --> 13 to see what changed in the core code.

You should also check the release notes / process of any "non-core"
extensions you might be using, for example PostGIS has had a number of
changes and you'll need to upgrade the extension itself to work in the
new version of Postgres. Specifics around that will also depend on how
you instead to run your upgrade process.

Robert Treat
https://xzilla.net