Re: BUG #16980: invalid memory alloc request size - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #16980: invalid memory alloc request size
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 10:10:39AM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> I have a table attachment_contents in my PostgreSQL database with bytea type
> column. One cell of this bytea column is too big (appr. 900Mb).
> I receive error when try to select this cell:
>
> taxmon=> select content from attachment_contents where attachment_id =
> 3293;
> ERROR:  invalid memory alloc request size 1850079891
>
> any other is OK. The problem is with this cell only.
>
> How can i avoid this problem?

No idea without more context.  Some of your data may be corrupted,
leading to this error.   It may also be possible that you have
discovered a new bug, but it is going to be hard for someone to figure
out what's happening without a self-contained test case.
--
Michael

Attachment