BUG #16980: invalid memory alloc request size - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From PG Bug reporting form
Subject BUG #16980: invalid memory alloc request size
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      16980
Logged by:          Константин Божко
Email address:      konstbozhko@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 11.11
Operating system:   CentOS Linux release 7.7.1908 (Core)

Hello!

I have a table attachment_contents in my PostgreSQL database with bytea type
column. One cell of this bytea column is too big (appr. 900Mb).
I receive error when try to select this cell:

taxmon=> select content from attachment_contents where attachment_id =
3293;
ERROR:  invalid memory alloc request size 1850079891

any other is OK. The problem is with this cell only.

How can i avoid this problem?