Re: File truncation within PostgresNode::issues_sql_like() wrong on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: File truncation within PostgresNode::issues_sql_like() wrong on Windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 09:26:19PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Well, let me try it on fairywren tomorrow. Since we manage this on the
> buildfarm without any use at all of Win32API::File it might not be
> necessary in TAP code either, particularly if we're not truncating the file.

Thanks.  If that proves to not be necessary, +1 to remove this code.
I have been playing with this stuff, and the attached patch seems to
work properly on Windows.  On top of that, I have also tested the
non-Win32 path on an MSVC box to see that it was working, but my
environment is not really noisy usually with such compatibility
issues.
--
Michael

Attachment