Re: pgsql: Move tablespace path re-creation from the makefiles to pg_regres - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: pgsql: Move tablespace path re-creation from the makefiles to pg_regres
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Re: Michael Paquier
> So you basically mimicked the makefile rule that this commit removed
> into your own test suite.  Reverting the change does not really help,
> because we'd be back to square one where there would be problems in
> parallel runs for developers.  Saying that, I would not mind adding an
> option to pg_regress to control if this cleanup code is triggered or
> not, say something like --no-tablespace-cleanup?  Then, you could just
> pass down the option by yourself before creating your tablespace path
> as you wish.

I don't think adding more snowflake code just for this use case makes
sense, so I can stick to my workaround.

I just wanted to point out that the only thing preventing the core
testsuite from being run as a true client app is this tablespace
thing, which might be a worthwhile fix on its own.

Maybe creating the tablespace directory from within the testsuite
would suffice?

CREATE TABLE foo (t text);
COPY foo FROM PROGRAM 'mkdir @testtablespace@';
CREATE TABLESPACE regress_tblspace LOCATION '@testtablespace@';