Re: Can we have a new SQL callable function to get Postmaster PID? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Can we have a new SQL callable function to get Postmaster PID?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 04, 2021 at 11:30:09AM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> But sometimes we may also have to debug postmaster code, on different
> platforms maybe. I don't know how the postmaster pid from the user
> perspective will be useful in customer environments and I can't think
> of other usages of the pg_postgres_pid().

I had the same question as Tomas in mind when reading this thread, and
the use case you are mentioning sounds limited to me.  Please note
that you can already get this information by using pg_read_file() on
postmaster.pid so I see no need for an extra function.
--
Michael

Attachment