Re: Add LSN along with offset to error messages reported for WAL file read/write/validate header failures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Add LSN along with offset to error messages reported for WAL file read/write/validate header failures
Date
In response to Re: Add LSN along with offset to error messages reported for WAL file read/write/validate header failures  (Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com>)
Responses Re: Add LSN along with offset to error messages reported for WAL file read/write/validate header failures  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 05:19:24PM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> In the first place "file sequence number" and "segno" can hardly be
> associated by appearance by readers, I think.  (Yeah, we can identify
> that since the another parameter is identifiable alone.) Why don't we
> spell out the parameter simply as "segment number"?

As in using "sequence number" removing "file" from the docs and
changing the OUT parameter name to segment_number rather than segno?
Fine by me.
--
Michael

Attachment