Re: Add LSN along with offset to error messages reported for WAL file read/write/validate header failures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bharath Rupireddy
Subject Re: Add LSN along with offset to error messages reported for WAL file read/write/validate header failures
Date
In response to Re: Add LSN along with offset to error messages reported for WAL file read/write/validate header failures  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 4:57 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 05:19:24PM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> > In the first place "file sequence number" and "segno" can hardly be
> > associated by appearance by readers, I think.  (Yeah, we can identify
> > that since the another parameter is identifiable alone.) Why don't we
> > spell out the parameter simply as "segment number"?
>
> As in using "sequence number" removing "file" from the docs and
> changing the OUT parameter name to segment_number rather than segno?
> Fine by me.

+1.

--
Bharath Rupireddy