Re: Unit tests for SLRU - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Unit tests for SLRU
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 10, 2022 at 06:40:44PM +0300, Aleksander Alekseev wrote:
> Fair enough. PFA the corrected patch v5.

Is there a reason why you need a TAP test here?  It is by design more
expensive than pg_regress and it does not require --enable-tap-tests.
See for example what we do for snapshot_too_old, commit_ts,
worker_spi, etc., where each module uses a custom configuration file.

Hmm.  If I were to write that, I think that I would make the SLRU
directory configurable as a PGC_POSTMASTER, at least, for the purpose
of the exercise, and also split test_slru() into more user-callable
functions so as it would be possible to mix more cross-check scenarios
with the low-level C APIs if need be, with adapted input parameters.
--
Michael

Attachment